27. Lei An, Yu Qin, Jing Wu, and Wei You. "The Local Labor Market Effect of Relaxing Internal Migration Restrictions: Evidence from China" forthcoming, Journal of Labor Economics.
26. Sumit Agarwal*, Yajie Han, Yu Qin, and Hongjia Zhu. "Disguised Pollution: Industrial Activities in the Dark" Journal of Public Economics, 2023 Vol 223: 104904.
25. Keyang Li, Yu Qin, Jing Wu, and Jubo Yan*. "Perceived Economic Prospects during the Early Stage of COVID-19 Breakout" Contemporary Economic Policy, 2023 Vol 41(4): 696-713.
24. Sumit Agarwal, Eduardo Araral, Mingxuan Fan*, Yu Qin, Huanhuan Zheng. "The Effects of Policy Announcement, Prices and Subsidies on Water Consumption" Nature Water, 2023 Vol 1: 176-186. https://doi.org/10.1038/s44221-023-00028-1
23. Yinghao Pan, Yu Qin, Fan Zhang*, and Hongjia Zhu. "Acquiring Land in Cold Winter: Consequences and Possible Explanations" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2022 Vol 116: 102721.
22. Yatang Lin, Yu Qin, Johan Sulaeman*, Jubo Yan, and Jialiang Zhang. "Expanding Footprints: The Impact of Passenger Transportation on Corporate Locations" Review of Finance, 2022 Vol 27(3): 1119-1154. https://doi.org/10.1093/rof/rfac049
21. Yu Qin, Jianqing Ruan, Ling Wang*, Jubo Yan. "Genetic Distance and Intra-national Variation in Preferences and Behaviours" Journal of Asian Economics, 2022 Vol 83: 101535.
20. Keyang Li*, Yu Qin, Guoxu Wei, and Jing Wu. "What Drives Health-Care Spending in China? A Nationwide Decomposition Analysis" Applied Economics, 2022 Vol 55(9): 1028-1043.
19. Sumit Agarwal, Eduardo Araral, Mingxuan Fan*, Yu Qin, and Huanhuan Zheng. "Water Conservation through Plumbing and Nudging" Nature Human Behaviour, 2022 Vol 6: 858-867. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41562-022-01320-y (Nature Research Highlight: How to save water: plumbing can be changed but people can't. Nature 604, 221 (2022) https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-022-00947-1)
18. Yatang Lin, Yu Qin*, Jing Wu, and Mandi Xu. "Impact of High-Speed Rail on Road Traffic and Greenhouse Gas Emissions" Nature Climate Change, 2021 Vol11: 952-957. http://doi.org/10.1038/s41558-021-01190-8
(Media coverage: The State Council of The People's Republic of China | People's Daily | China Economic Net | The Star | China Daily | Carbon Brief | SCMP (print) | SINA | Hangzhou.com.cn | China Economic Net | China Economic Net | China News | Science and Technology Daily | China Railway | The Paper)
(Nature Climate Change's News & Views on this paper)
17. Yu Qin, Jing Wu, and Rongjie Zhang*. “Can Professional Football Players Adapt to Air Pollution? Evidence from China” Journal of Sports Economics, 2021 Vol 23(3): 277-300. https://doi.org/10.1177/15270025211049793
16. Sumit Agarwal, Peiying Huang, Chenxi Luo, Yu Qin, and Changwei Zhan*. "Assessment of Online Food Ordering and Delivery in Singapore During the COVID-19 Pandemic" JAMA Network Open, 2021 Vol 4(9): e2126466.
15. Sumit Agarwal, Yu Qin, Luwen Shi, Guoxu Wei, and Hongjia Zhu*. "Impact of Temperature on Morbidity: New Evidence from China" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2021 Vol 109: 102495.
14. Yatang Lin*, Yu Qin, and Zhuan Xie. "Does foreign technology transfer spur domestic innovation? Evidence from the high-speed rail sector in China" Journal of Comparative Economics, 2021 Vol 49(1): 212-229.
13. Sumit Agarwal, Keyang Li, Yu Qin*, Jing Wu, and Jubo Yan. "Tax Evasion, Capital Gain Taxes, and the Housing Market" Journal of Public Economics, 2020 Vol 188: 104222.
12. Yatang Lin, Yu Qin, Zoe Yang Yang, and Hongjia Zhu*. "Can Price Regulation Improve Land-Use Intensity? Evidence from Industrial Land Market in China" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2020 Vol 81: 103501.
11. Keyang Li, Yu Qin, and Jing Wu*. “Recent Housing Affordability in Urban China: A Comprehensive Overview" China Economic Review, 2020 Vol 59: 101362.
10. Yongheng Deng*, Yu Qin, and Jing Wu. "Superstar Cities and the Globalization Pressures on Affordability" Journal of Housing Economics, 2019 Vol 45: 101638.
9. Yu Qin, Jing Wu*, and Jubo Yan. "Negotiating Housing Deal on a Polluted Day: Consequences and Possible Explanations" Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2019 Vol 94: pp161-187.
8. Yu Qin*, and Hongjia Zhu. "Run Away? Air Pollution and Emigration Interests in China" Journal of Population Economics, 2018 Vol 31 (1): pp235-266.
7. Yu Qin, and Fei Wang*. "Too Early or Too Late? What have we Learned from the 30-year Two-Child Policy Experiment in Yicheng, China?" Demographic Research, 2017 Vol 37: pp929-956.
6. Yu Qin*. "'No County Left Behind?' The Distributional Impact of High-Speed Rail Upgrades in China" Journal of Economic Geography, 2017 Vol 17(3): pp489-520.
5. Yu Qin, Hongjia Zhu, and Rong Zhu*. "Changes in the Distribution of Land Prices in Urban China during 2007-2012" Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016 Vol 57: pp77-90.
4. Yu Qin*, and Xiaobo Zhang. "The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China" World Development, 2016 Vol 77: pp1-16.
3. Mi Diao, Yu Qin, and Tien Foo Sing*. "Negative Externality of Rail Noise and Housing Values: Evidence from the Cessation of Railway Operations in Singapore" Real Estate Economics, 2016 Vol 44(4): pp878-917.
2. Yu Qin*. "China's Transport Infrastructure Investment: Past, Present and Future" Asian Economic Policy Review, 2016 Vol 11(2): pp199-217.
1. Nancy H. Chau, Ravi Kanbur, and Yu Qin*. "Do Public Work Schemes Deter or Encourage Outmigration? Empirical Evidence from China" IZA Journal of Labor & Development, 2014 Vol 3: 4.